The Society offers:
- Journal of the American Liszt Society (JALS), published annually
- The American Liszt Society Newsletter, published biannually
- Annual ALS Festivals
- ALS Archives at the Library of Congress
- Local Chapters in various geographical areas
- Publication opportunities in JALS
- Performance opportunities in festivals and in chapter activities
- Paper presentation opportunities at festivals
- Host concerts in the home
- Networking and mutual support among performers, scholars, and music lovers dedicated to the ideas and ideals of Franz Liszt
Forte Archives Announced
ALS member Madeleine Forte, widow of Yale University Battell Professor of the Theory of Mus Emeritus Allen Forte, is pleased to announce the creation of The Madeline and Allen Forte Archives at the University of North Texas in Denton. Present plans call for an exhibit related to the Forte Archives at the ALS conference at UNT in September 2015. For more information, please consult Professor Timothy Jackson.
Gila Goldstein to Perform New York Recital in May.
ALS Board Member Gila Goldstein will perform a recital in New York City on May 16. For more information, please go to Goldstein Recital.
ALS Board Elects Three New Officers!
The Board of Directors of the American Liszt Society haa elected Dr. Jay Hershberger, former Vice
President and Interim President of the Society, as the new President, Dr. Alexandre Dossin as
Vice President, and Dr. Daniel Horn as Treasurer. Congratulations to these three dedicated Lisztians!!
Liszt-Garrison Festival and International Piano Competition Announces 2015 Events
Bloomington, Indiana Site of Liszt Mini-Fest
Karen Shaw is organizing a Liszt Mini-Fest featuring IU piano alumni as performers in two concerts on June 20 (8:00 p.m.) and June 21 (4:00 p.m.), 2015 in Auer Recital Hall on the IU campus in Bloomington. For more information please see IU Liszt Mini-Fest.
2014 Los Angeles International Liszt Competition Announces Winners
For more a complete list of winners, please see LAILC
Dr. Thomas Mastroianni, immediate Past President of the American Liszt Society, died Friday, September 19, 2014 at his home in Silver Spring, Maryland. For more information, please go to Thomas Mastroianni
The current issue of the Newsletter (Vol 30. No. 2) was mailed Tuesday, March 24.
The deadline for the next issue (Vol. 31 No. 1) of the Newsletter is July 1, 2015.
Last updated Friday, May 1, 2015.