The annual Liszt Festival is the focal point of each year's American Liszt Society calendar of events. Historically, festivals have been held at a wide variety of locations in the United States and Canada. Festivals are typically hosted by a university, a library, a local ALS chapter, or a music performance organization. Those interested in hosting a festival should contact the President of ALS.
International festivals have been added to provide performance opportunities abroad for ALS members. Such festivals have been held in China, Budapest, Prague, Brazil, and Italy.
- "Liszt and the Orchestral Imagination," April 27 - 30, 2017 at the new lakeside home of the Bienen School of Music at Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois, with Dr. James Giles, host. For more information, please go to 2017 American Liszt Society Festival.
- California, June 2-5, 2016, California State University at Northridge Department of Music.
- Texas, September 16-18, 2015, University of North Texas College of Music.
- Virginia, June 6-8, 2014, James Madison University.
- San Francisco, May 30-June 1, 2013, San Francisco Conservatory of Music.
- Oregon, May 17-19, 2012 - University of Oregon.
- Georgia, February 17-19, 2011 - University of Georgia-Athens; Brochure.
- 2010 Great Romantics Festival, October 7-9, 2010 - McMaster University, Hamilton, ONT, Canada.
- Nebraska, April 8-11, 2010 - University of Nebraska.
- Kansas, April 3-5, 2009 - University of Kansas.
- 2008 Great Romantics Festival - October 9-10 - McMaster University, Hamilton, ONT, Canada.
- Washington DC, May 30-June 1, 2008 - Catholic University of America.
- California, March 29-31, 2007 - San Francisco Conservatory of Music.
- Georgia, February 9-11, 2006 - University of Georgia-Athens.
- Nebraska, April 14-16, 2005 - University of Nebraska.
- Illinois, March 4-6, 2004 - University of Illinois.
- Florida, March 27-29, 2003 - University of Florida.
- Washington, DC, May 23-25, 2002 - Kennedy Center, et.al.
Note: When registering for a Liszt Festival or Conference, please do not send ALS membership dues with festival fees.